I log my work compiling the new Revit 2023 SDK and setting up
RvtSamples to load the external commands
– Update the RevitSdkSamples repo
– Set the Revit API references
– Eliminate processor architecture mismatch warning
– Set up RvtSamples
Exciting news with a lot of changes to RevitLookup and The Building Coder samples
– Revit 2022.1 SDK released
– RevitLookup build and install
– Bye-bye lookup builds
– The Building Coder samples revamped
– Copy as HTML update
– Image cleanup and a robot arm...
Here are a couple of the interesting topics that came up in the last couple of days
– Numerous RevitLookup enhancements
– Revit API Labs training material 2022
– Visual Studio Revit add-in templates 2022
– The SetGeometryCurve
– Exploring assembly reference DLL hell with Fuslogvw...
The Revit 2022 API includes an exceptional list of exciting enhancements for add-in developers, including numerous developer wishes and requests that have now been explicitly addressed – Information sources – What's new in previous versions – Detailed tasble of contents – API Changes – API Additions...
The Revit 2022 SDK is now available for download from the Revit Developer Centre autodesk.com/developrevit.
I logged my experiences installing it, setting up RvtSamples, loading the SDK external commands, and migrating The Building Coder samples to the new release
– First the logs
– Revit 2022 SDK warnings
– Setting up RvtSamples
– The Building Coder samples migration
– O'Reilly answers...
Revit 2022 has been released.
Two important features are parameter API enhancements and built-in PDF export functionality
– Replace deprecated
– Multi-target 2021 and 2022 using MSBuild
– PDF export default paper format can fail
– PDF export output file naming
– Five beginner mistakes...
Today, let's look at two Japanese Forge questions, on model groups and the Revit engine language, another RevitLookup enhancement, and, while we're talking about languages, a surprising scientific discovery on naked mole-rat dialects
– Retrieving Revit model group in Forge
– Specifying the Revit UI language in DA4R
– RevitLookup supports
– Naked mole-rats speak in community dialects
– Van Gogh 360...
Here is a last-minute heads-up for the first online Inside the Factory live AMA (Ask me Anything) style session today, Thursday, September 10, with Aaron Vorwerk, Senior Technical Marketing Manager, Harlan Brumm, Senior Product Manager of Architecture and Sasha Crotty, Senior Product Manager, Revit Platform & Services...
The updated SDK (Software Developer's Kit) for the Revit 2021.1 update release is now available from the Revit developer centre – The Revit 2021.1 SDK – ConnectorType API – Export API – Save As API – API additions – Civil Alignments API – Dimension API – Shared Coordinates API – Reset Shared Coordinates – Clipped state of BasePoint – MEP API – Building and Space Type – Zone additions...
I hope you are happy and healthy and enjoyed your Easter eggs! During the holiday, I updated RevitLookup for Revit 2021, and Harry Mattison added his multi-release building enhancements into the main solution as well – Revit 2021 add-ins require .NET 4.8 – RevitLookup flat migration to Revit 2021 – Support for multi-release building...
A nice big egg has been laid just in time for Easter, with the beautiful springtime in full bloom
– Revit 2021
– BIM 360 Docs folder permission API
– Revit 2021 multi-region cloud model API
– Cloud model API changes
– How to open a cloud model
– How to save a local file to a non-workshared cloud model
SaveAsCloudModel information in web browser and via the Forge DM API...
Revit 2020.1 was released and an updated Revit SDK has now been published for it – Additions to the Revit 2020.1 API – Systems analysis API additions – Mechanical analytical systems – Zone equipment – System zones – Systems analysis and analysis reports – Export to gbXML – View API additions – Temporary view mode API – Schedule API additions – Striped rows – Path of travel API additions – Reveal obstacles mode for path of travel – Options API additions – Color options – Rebar API additions – Rebar constraints – Installation and compilation – RvtSamples Setup...
An important Revit add-in requirement regarding Transport Layer Security (TLS) settings, a short note on accessing PDF image data from an import instance, and an update of the Collada DAE custom exporter for use in Revit 2020 – Required Transport Layer Security (TLS) settings – Accessing imported PDF image data in Revit – Custom Collada exporter updated and fixed...
I completed the move to my new computer, and happily all systems go now.
Here are some other topics that came up in the past few days
– Revit-IFC Release 20.1.0
– Community discussion on Revit
– Solid or instance, depending
– Exporting parameters to Access
– Store globals on custom
– Iranian civil engineering project video...
Yet another eagerly awaited update for the Revit 2020 API, a couple of interesting Revit API discussion forum threads, and some thoughts on how AI might affect and be used in an architectural context
– RevitApiDocs updated with the Revit 2020 API
– More room boundary segments than expected
– How to get width and height of a
– AI and architecture...
Continuing the update of my development environment for Revit 2020, I now turn to the Visual Studio Revit add-in wizards. I'll also highlight a couple of recent interesting AEC related job offers, an AI 101 intro, and some really important suggestions on how to ask a question well – C# and VB Visual Studio add-in wizards for Revit 2020 – How to ask a question well – Open Autodesk AEC related positions – AI for all...
Still getting up to speed with Revit 2020 and my new virtual machine that I set up for it...
First, however, an interesting adaptation of RvtSamples to run in zero document state
– RvtSamples adapted for zero document state
– Migrating The Building Coder samples to Revit 2020
– Installing PowerTools Copy HTML Markup
PostCommand to close document...
The Revit 2020 API includes exciting enhancements for add-in developers, including numerous developer wishes and requests that have now been explicitly addressed – Information sources – Installation and migration from previous versions – What's new in previous versions – Detailed TOC of major changes and renovations – API Changes – API Additions...