For the fourth year in a row, we are hosting an online hackathon.
In fact, it already started: the Autodesk App Store Forge and Fusion 360 Hackathon is running from September 1 until October 31.
This time, the focus is on building apps using Forge APIs and Fusion 360 and extending the Forge ecosystem.
Forge is a development platform – a set of cloud services that connects design, engineering, visualization, collaboration, production and operations workflows for all domains, including:
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- AEC, BIM
- Internet of Things
- 3D Printing
- Generative Design and more
At this early stage of Forge, many people may be interested in learning more about the Forge APIs with no obligation to publish an app; you are more than welcome to attend the free API webinars:
- September 20 – Introduction to Autodesk Forge and the Autodesk App Store.
- September 22 – OAuth and Data Management API – token-based authentication, authorization and a unified and consistent way to access data across A360, Fusion 360, and the Object Storage Service.
- September 27 – Model Derivative API – enable users to represent and share their designs in different formats and extract metadata.
- October 4 – Design Automation API – formerly known as 'AutoCAD I/O', run scripts on design files.
- October 6 – BIM360 – develop apps that integrate with BIM 360 to extend its capabilities in the construction ecosystem.
- October 11 – Fusion 360 Client API – an integrated CAD, CAM, and CAE tool for product development, built for the new ways products are designed and made.
- October 13 – Q&A on all APIs.
- October 20 – Q&A on all APIs.
- October 27 – Submitting a web service app to Autodesk App store.
By the way, you can win a $500 reward building and submitting your app during this hackathon.
Are you thinking about developing on Autodesk Forge or Fusion 360?
Are you just interested in learning more about these technologies and what they can do to help your business and your career?
Join us for our upcoming free online hackathon and webinars.
This is our fourth online hackathon and you are welcome to participate in all or any part of it.
The Autodesk App Store Forge and Fusion 360 Hackathon is an online event which consists of two segments:
- A series of web training and open Q&A sessions related to the Autodesk Forge platform and Fusion 360, open to anyone interested in learning about these APIs.
- An online hackathon where developers can develop new apps on the Forge platform or on Fusion 360 for submission to Autodesk App Store.
We know that learning and implementing something new takes time and often gets put off, so we’ve designed this event to give you the support you need – as well as a financial incentive – to motivate you to learn the APIs and publish your app on the Forge platform or on Fusion 360 in the Autodesk App Store.
The training webinars help familiarize you with the Forge platform, and the open Q&A sessions provide the opportunity to receive help in real-time from the Autodesk team answering your questions to help you develop your app.
Webinars will be recorded so that you can view them at your convenience.
Autodesk Forge experts are at hand to help all along.
For all new apps submitted to the Autodesk App Store by midnight on October 31, 2016 and accepted for publication in the store by November 30, 2016, each entrant of the Hackathon will receive US$ 500 for one eligible app per entrant.
If you have any further questions, please send us an email.