Rather belatedly, let me point out that Revit 2014 Update Release 1 has been posted to the Autodesk Revit product pages:
- Revit 2014 Update Release 1
- Revit Architecture 2014 Update Release 1
- Revit MEP 2014 Update Release 1
- Revit Structure 2014 Update Release 1
As usual, the update release uses service pack technology and does not require a full install.
Prior to installing the Update Release 1, please verify that you are running the First Customer Ship build of Autodesk Revit 2014, build 20130308_1515.
After the update, the build number specified in the Help > About dialogue will be 20130709_2115.
Revit 2014 Update Release 1 API Enhancements
Here is the list of API enhancements provided by this update:
- Allows a drag/drop operation (UIApplication.DoDragDrop) to initiate from a dockable window.
- Improves the ability to include any type of component inside a dockable window without it disappearing during Revit redraw efforts.
- Allows UIApplication.PostCommand() to work consistently for Add-in created commands.
- Triggers an updater callback for ElementChangeTypeGeometry related to rebar and other reinforcement elements when their geometry changes.
- Improves stability for FamilyManager.NewType() on families which have no defined types already.
- Allows FamilyManager.Set(ElementId) to work correctly for family parameters of type LoadClassification.
- Improves stability for reading Mesh and MeshTriangle elements.
- Creates the default schedule header automatically when schedules are created by ViewSchedule.Create() methods.
- Allows ViewSchedule.GroupHeaders() to succeed even if the schedule is not active.
- Allows Connector.DisconnectFrom() to consistently remove unneeded information from the associated element, so that it can be reconnected as needed.
- OpenOptions.SetOpenWorksetConfiguration() allows null to remove the existing configuration.