I arrived safely in Las Vegas after a 12:40 hour flight to Los Angeles, 3:30 hour wait, und another flight of 1:05 hours. Pretty crazy. I had a headache after that, but not too bad, and I slept well out in the desert. Just like in previous years (08, 09, 09b, 10), my daytime jetlag therapy consists of climbing in Red Rock, this time with Sergio Colombo again, whom I first met and climbed with in 2008.
We did the Great Red Book trad climb, completing it this time, and I led two 5.9s in the black corridor.
Meanwhile, here is yet another Revit related project published on Autodesk Labs:
Project Structure Generator
Project Structure Generator for Revit Architecture and Revit Structure is available on Autodesk Labs.
It generates real structural models from mass objects.
Project Structure Generator is a technology preview that provides a connection between massing models and objects created during conceptual design and structural elements such as beams, column, walls, and plates. With Project Structure Generator, structural engineers and architects, from the earliest stages, can very quickly create and visualize a physical and analytical model of a structure based on the massing model. The technology preview will operate until April 1, 2012.
What does Project Structure Generator do?
It provides a connection between massing models and objects created during conceptual design, enabling structural engineers and architects to:
- Automatically create and visualize a physical model of the structure with mass objects.
- Generate variants of the physical and analytical model with structural systems based on the massing model.
- Predict volume and weight of materials used.
- Extend model to Revit Structure or Revit Architecture.
- Extend massing model to structural analysis with Project Storm, a cloud based static analysis technology preview, or Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional.