Rather belatedly, I note that the first web update of Revit 2011 was released in the beginning of this month and can be downloaded from the public Revit product pages:
- Revit Architecture > Product Download
- Revit MEP > Product Download
- Revit Structure > Product Download
Here is the list of the API enhancements, which is the same across all three flavours:
- Elements will now be properly joined when the ExternalCommand concludes when using automatic regeneration and automatic transaction.
- ExportImage(ImageExportOptions) no longer throws an exception when given a set of views.
- ElementParameterFilters now operate properly against ElementType elements.
- Improves stability when saving a family and there are event subscribers for Save or Save As.
- Closes the Family editor environment after loading a family via the API.
- Improves stability when using selection APIs to pick grid elements.
- Dynamic Model Update: GetChangeTypeGeometry() now triggers properly when active type is changed.
- Improves stability for Dynamic Model Update: when registering updaters and more than one application is registered.
- The new API SunAndShadowSettings.CalculateTimeZone() uses Revit’s mechanism to calculate the time zone value for a given latitude and longitude. This calculation is more accurate than the results obtained from City.TimeZone.
- Improves performance of display of Analysis Visualization framework when Hardware Acceleration is on.
- VSTA is now allowed for multiple concurrent sessions of Revit; editing the same module by two sessions is prohibited.
- VSTA: Document-level macros no longer become corrupted when the document is workshared and the macro is edited by more than one concurrent session.
- Improves stability when calls to NewFamilyDocument() and PickObjects() are used in sequence.
- VSTA: Revit no longer prematurely exits when opening a project containing corrupted macros.
- The Idling event no longer generates a journal comment for each invocation.