Here is just a quick note to begin the week with the good news that the Revit 2018 issue reported in the Revit API discussion forum thread on Revit 2018, DWF, shaded views, and Windows explorer bug is resolved by the hotfix to handle the product crash when communicating with licensing server.
The problem can apparently also occur when exporting or printing views.
This affects several ADN cases and development database issues, e.g.,
- 12919761 Revit 2018, DWF, Shaded Views, and Windows Explorer - Bug
- 12894987 Revit crashes when exporting / printing Sheets via API while a modal dialog is open
- REVIT-112605 RVT 2018 crash involving DWF, shaded views and Windows explorer -- 12919761
- REVIT-112607 Revit crashes when exporting / printing Sheets via API while a modal dialog is open -- 12894987
- Open the rac_basic_sample_project.rvt project that is installed with Revit 2018
- Go to Add-Ins > Export Crash Sample > Open Window
- Click Export or Print
The sample project is specifically printing / exporting sheet A101, but I'm seeing the issue on just about every sheet in that project.
I've only seen the crash handling dialog once and I submitted a CER for it. Every other time I get the Windows dialog saying Revit has stopped working.
Please apply this fix if you have encountered anything similar.