Here are pointers to some relevant non-API news items of interest:
- Free webinar introducing the new Autodesk View and Data API
- Free Autodesk software for all students everywhere
- AU class enrolment
Free Webinar – Introducing the new Autodesk View and Data API
We already held a webinar on the new Autodesk View and Data API in September.
In case you missed it, another chance is coming up again soon: the next free webinar Introducing the new Autodesk View and Data API will be held on Thursday October 23rd, 2014.
Free Autodesk Software for All Students Everywhere
Autodesk now provides free software for students, teachers, and schools around the world.
Inspiring creativity and a love for science, engineering, and math in young students is more important today than ever. So I'm very happy to announce that Autodesk has opened up FREE access to its desktop software to ALL students, teachers, and schools everywhere in the world.
In the past, access was free in some countries, but not others. Today there are no restrictions. However, all too often students and teachers are unaware that they can have their own copy and use our software in their classroom for free. The simplest way to help a student or teacher is to direct them to students.autodesk.com where they can download as much as they want and find curriculum and learning materials.
AU Class Enrolment
I mentioned the Revit API expert panel SD5156 – Open House on the Factory Floor taking place at Autodesk University.
A few of my fellow ADN colleagues' class enrolments are currently below the attendee threshold, however:
- SD6310 – Bring on the Cloud and Mobilize Your Media & Entertainment Workflows Through Programming – Kevin Vandecar
- SD6432 – Are You Having a Pythonic 3ds Max Experience? No? Come Join the Revolution! – Kevin Vandecar
- SD5752 – OAuth 1.0 Versus OAuth 2.0 and Use Case – Cyrille Fauvel
- SD6230 – Add 3D Photogrammetry to Your Desktop and Mobile Apps using ReCap Photo API – Philippe Leefsma
- SD5931 – Creating Commercial Applications for Mobile Devices Using AutoCAD OEM – David Grieve
If these classes are of interest to you, please register for them to ensure they really take place.
You can check the AU 2014 class catalogue for the complete list of classes.