Revit 2015 Update Release 3 has been published.
It includes a large number of important new enhancements, as well as the improvements provided by the update releases 1 and 2.
I count the following numbers of bullet items in the release notes:
- Architecture: 45
- MEP: 18
- Structure 7
- API: 9
Here is the full list of Revit API enhancements:
- Improves retention of device connections when using Wire.Create to create new wire connecting to a device.
- Improves display of wire connection points when using Wire.ConnectTo and Connector.Connect.
- Enable changes to MEPSystemType.CalculationLevel via public API.
- Level parameter correctly set when elements are placed via NewFamilyInstance().
- Improves retention of parameters in line boundary condition objects.
- Improves stability when using CompoundStructure.SetLayers.
- Allows proper assignment of a Phase Created value when using DirectShapes.
- Improves alignment of text created via API.
- Improves stability when the API is in Automatic TransactionMode.
The second to last item, especially, is one that many developers encountered and reported, e.g. like this:
NewTextNote Text Wrapping
Question: When I call the NewTextNote method to create a new text note in Revit 2015, it does not fill the text box, but wraps the text around the middle of the text box.
Here is a simple code example:
XYZ origin = XYZ.Zero; XYZ baseVec = XYZ.BasisX; XYZ upVec = XYZ.BasisY; Transaction trans = new Transaction( doc ); trans.Start( "Create text" ); TextNote note = doc.Create.NewTextNote( view, origin, baseVec, upVec, 0.3, TextAlignFlags.TEF_ALIGN_BOTTOM | TextAlignFlags.TEF_ALIGN_LEFT, "Why is this line too long for the text box!" ); //doc.Regenerate(); //note.Width = 25; trans.Commit();
This worked fine in Revit 2014, just as it should, but in Revit 2015 it fails.
I tried to regenerate and set the width after the note creation, but it does not help.
If you click on such a text note manually it fixes.
Answer: Install Revit 2015 Update Release 3.