I am back again from a great vacation in Italy which I mostly spent outdoors camping, swimming, cooking, and drinking cappuchino. Yesterday was the Jeûne Fédéral holiday (French) in Neuchâtel. I used that to make a first pass through my overfull email inbox.
Meanwhile, here is a quick summary and overview of the material we have put together so far for getting started with the Revit 2010 API.
Question: Do you have any updated information similar to the getting started material for Revit 2009? I would like to hear about the news and differences between the Revit 2010 and 2009 APIs.
Answer: First of all, for completeness sake, here is the back pointer to the final wrap-up overview of the getting started material for the Revit 2009 API:
A large part of the material listed there applies to the Revit 2010 API as well.
Additional specific topics related to the Revit 2010 API are covered in subsequent posts:
- Revit 2010 API Introduction – recording and materials of the Revit 2010 API introcution webcast providing a general overview of the API as well as highlighting news and differences to the previous versions.
- The Revit Ribbon API – important for rewriting an external application to make use of the Revit 2010 ribbon.
- The Revit Family API – an overview of the family API including a pointer to the family API webcast recording and materials.
- The Form Creation API – highlights a subset of the family API.
- The Revit MEP API – an overview of the Revit MEP API and the recording and materials of the MEP webcast.
There is an entire blog category appropriately named '2010' which includes all of these and more:
As said, most of the additional resources listed in the discussion on getting started with the Revit 2009 API are also still valid and accessible.